I have been surfing around on the
internet looking at all sorts of cute crafty things to do. I don't consider myself a "sew-er" in the least bit, but I can follow simple instructions and occasionally sew a straight line. I found a bunch of baby ideas and have now sewn two pillowcase dresses for Eliza. Last week I came across this totally adorable idea for sewing baby bibs out of bath towels. I was looking for the pattern to make the hand towel bibs, but this is much cuter (and cheaper).
Here are the supplies needed: freezer paper, patterned bath
towel, bib you like the shape of, bias tape,
Velcro, rotary cutter (or scissors).

Freezer paper - this lets you trace an existing bib that you like the shape of. Then you iron it lightly to the towel and you can rotary cut it out without pins.

Peel the pattern off the top and admire the pretty
pattern that is going to be on your bib.

Now you might need to rescue your baby from under the chair at some point. That's Okay, she shouldn't slow you down too much.

Sew on some coordinating bias tape
around the edges.

Then sew on some
Velcro and
PrEsTo . . . a baby bib.

I
love the results. What do you think?
Very cute bib. If we ever have another baby I'll have to try it. I'm off track in two months. Let me know if and when you renew. Did you know that you could do monthly payments? I like how Disney adapts to a recession.
ReplyDeleteLovely! It looks really professional :) Totally no idea what freezer paper is though, I wonder if we have something similar here.
ReplyDeleteSo super cute... i am way impressed!! Hey I wanted to ask you awhile ago- we are planning on going to Disneyland in June with my family and was wondering if you had any tricks or things I should know about taking a 14 monther there. Like what rides he would like, what to bring, is it going to be horrible and going to regret going??? Anyway, i know you guys love d-land and that you are the pro. I am always jealouls of your pics and hearing about your trips there. Any info would be great. Also I think we are going to d- land for 2 days and be in cali for a week- maybe we could see ya there??
ReplyDeleteAwesome! :-D
ReplyDeleteIt's even cuter as a bib than it was as a towel!
ReplyDeleteI want one! : )
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I have been feeling the crafty bug too. On my blog you can see the kid aprons we got off of orientaltrading.com and put together. Talk to you later!
ReplyDeleteReally cute bib idea! This would be great for showers! My favorite part was the baby under the chair. LOL! Thanks for a fun post!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT!!!! You are such a BETTY!!! That picture of Eliza under the chair CRACKED me up!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to sew.......one day!
Thanks again and again for all your help on Saturday. We are back, healthy and happy! Oh so HAPPY!!!