Saturday, May 30, 2009

Jeremy's Kindergarten Program

I truly believe that there is a special place in heaven for Kindergarten teachers (hopefully a nice quiet and calm spot). Everyone of them that I've met has a wonderful sweetness about them. This is especially true of Jeremy's teacher this year. She is everything you'd ever want for a Kindergarten teacher; patient, kind, loving, firm and truly dedicated to her kids.




I love everything about a kindergarten program - the kids are super cute and still so eager to please. Here is Jeremy (who was stoked to get assigned the letter J because there are 3 other kids in the class whose names start with "J") during a cute song called "The Kindergarten ABC's" or something like that. My new favorite kid song is the one he introduced (and not because he introduced it). It's called "I can't spell hippopotamus". It goes something like this
I can spell hat, H-A-T
I can spell mat, M-A-T
I can spell rat, R-A-T
but I can't spell hippopotamus.
H-I-P-P-O I know
Then comes P-O-T
What comes next I just don't know
and that's what worries me, GEE!
The song has another four verses of words they can spell, but not hippopotamus. Super cute!
At the end of the song they all spelled hippopotamus for their parents to show that they can spell it even if the song says they can't. I wonder if Jeremy will think of this song every time he spells hippopotamus. I know I will for a while (wink).
On a sadder note . . .
I'm not sure if our Jeremy is destined for a life of stage performance. He didn't seem all that enthusiastic about it. He sang and did what he was supposed to do, but his heart just wasn't filled with the love of performing until . . .
he found out there were popsicles, cookies and cake for refreshments.


Now that's one happy kid!

2 comments:

  1. I love that song...used to sing it when I was a "sweet" kinder teacher. Looks like a great program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I know the Hippo song too...from back when my sister was in kindergarten a million years ago. We still sing it to the girls. I haven't seen you guys for a while; I hope you're all doing well. Later.

    ReplyDelete