Cassie has had a great time in fifth grade. She has the same fifth grade teacher that I had when I was at Minni Gant. Their class had a "colonial day" and they could go to school out of uniform if they wore a colonial style costume. We just love to play dress up and luckily I didn't have to sew this one (like I've had to do the last few years).Thursday, April 15, 2010
Way to long
No excuses, it's been too long since I posted. I'm going to try to be better about it from now on, but here is a quick picture recap of what we've been up to the last few months.
Cassie and Jeremy were in "The Velvateen Rabbit" through their school. Cassie has been involved with the plays every year since she was in first grade and it was so fun to have both of them in together. Jeremy was the smallest of the toy soldiers (the others were in fourth or fifth grade) and Cassie got the role of Mother. They were both wonderful. The sets were awesome and the costumes were out of this world. Cassie was so excited to have a role with lots of lines and I was very proud of her for learning them all. They even cut the Father role out of the play a week or two before it opened and had to rearrange a lot of her lines and staging to fit. She did wonderfully.
We've gone on field trips with Jeremy's class. I got to go with them to the Japanese gardens and had a wonderful time. They made beautiful fans and were taught some oragami. Jeremy's teacher is Japanese and he is learning some Japanese words. If we ever get over there he'll be my go to man if I need to count to ten, greet someone, or say please or thank you.
Cassie has had a great time in fifth grade. She has the same fifth grade teacher that I had when I was at Minni Gant. Their class had a "colonial day" and they could go to school out of uniform if they wore a colonial style costume. We just love to play dress up and luckily I didn't have to sew this one (like I've had to do the last few years).
Jeremy is playing baseball this spring. He's a pretty good hitter and after he's batted a couple of times the other team backs up a little when he comes to the plate. He's loving it and Jon is able to help coach at some of the games. His main coach is a friend of ours and it is fun to have a friend on the team.
Cassie has been playing Spring soccer and is on a traveling team this time. Their games are mostly in either Long Beach or Northern Orange County so we don't have to travel too much, but it sure has been fun. Her skills just keep improving and we enjoy playing a little Family Soccer when we have the chance (until it gets too competitive and people cry - mostly Jon, just kidding)
Cassie has had a great time in fifth grade. She has the same fifth grade teacher that I had when I was at Minni Gant. Their class had a "colonial day" and they could go to school out of uniform if they wore a colonial style costume. We just love to play dress up and luckily I didn't have to sew this one (like I've had to do the last few years).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww! So glad to see you posting again, please keep it up - I miss you! :)
ReplyDeleteI second that. It's so nice to see pictures of your family and see what you've been up to. I'm getting off track soon so I'm going to start bugging you again.
ReplyDeleteyou're back! your kids are so much fun. i loved watching Eliza push Cassie today.
ReplyDelete