Thursday, July 23, 2009

Midnight Harry Potter

Cassie was really excited about a certain movie opening this week. She even re-read the book in preparation for the event. She heard about the midnight showings of it and asked if we could go. I replied "Are you crazy? That is sooo VERY much past your bed-time. The movie will be there next week when we can go." She was a little sad that we weren't going to be going that weekend.


Little did she know when I let her fall asleep in my bed that I had already bought tickets for the midnight viewing of it. She was told that she had to go to bed early because we were having friends over early the next morning. At 11:00pm Jon and I went into our bedroom and turned on the lights and told her that she needed to wake up and get dressed. We explained that it was almost "tomorrow" and tomorrow was when Harry Potter opened and that we needed to go get in line to see it.This is what she looked like when she found out we were going to see the midnight showing after-all.
OK, so when you don't get in line by 10:00pm for a show that has 16 sold-out screens at midnight you end up near the back of the line. We weren't worried. We bought our snacks ahead of time and waited in line with them. (bad idea giving Cassie soda before a 2 1/2 hour long movie I'd later find out)


My mom came with us - I'm glad my mom is always up for a fun adventure. She's so cool.The end of the line meant that the seats that we got together were in the VERY front row. On the very far edge too, mind you! At least we were together. Cassie thought it was great that we were in the very front row. Nana and I were just grateful to be sitting together. I think it's been many years since I sat that close to the big screen. While we were watching the previews she saw a preview for another movie from a series of books that she devoured this last year. She now wants to go to the midnight showing of that one too. I'm so grateful for this great girl. She's super smart and lots of fun to be around. I love hanging out with her and surprising her.




6 comments:

  1. How fun! What a good mom you are! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is very cool! :) What was the other book series? I want to see the new HP too - but with a baby.. tough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She read the Percy Jackson and the Olypians series. Basically the greek gods/godesses in high school. There are some big names acting in the movie (Uma Thurman) and it's release date is Feb. 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perry just finished that series as well. He had a hard time putting it down. Glad you enjoyed the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you also going to have a midnight 'new moon' aka Twilight night?

    ReplyDelete