Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cookies and Icing . . .YUM!

So I've had people call to find out if I'm OK because they haven't seen anything on the blog lately. We are all find and dandy and I've got tons to catch up on, but I'll start with getting back into the swing of blogging. I've taken the pictures, but I haven't posted anything. I promise to do better about posting from now on.

Jeremy had a cookie party and invited some friends from his primary class. My wonderful mother-in-law made dozens of sugar cookies in Christmas shapes for the kids. We had so much fun! I've learned from previous cookie parties of Cassie's that each child gets their own bowl of frosting. The temptation is too great when you are five and have a plastic knife full of frosting to not shove all that sugary goodness into your mouth. In fact, if you look at Jeremy in the pictures you can see that he's indulging in icing overload.

The kids were all great and so much fun to be with. The boys lost interest in the cookies after about 6 cookies and went outside to play on our fort, but the girls were with me for the long haul. After the cookies we watched a cute Christmas movie (Santa Clause is Coming to Town) until their parents came for them.

I feel like I'm so very lucky to be able to stay at home with my kids and have the luxury of time to do fun activities for them. I want them to remember all the fun Christmas times we had and not dwell on the commercialism of the gifts.








1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I've never had a party like that. Bummers that it's Christmas Eve! You are very wise with the frosting bowls, even at 8 & 12 my kids need their own bowls... Thanks for the fun pics!

    ReplyDelete