Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Disneyland





We went to Disneyland yesterday. It was our first major outing with Eliza. My mom came with us and was a huge help. I haven't been to Disneyland since March so it was really fun for me to go again. We've had passes pretty much every year and love going.




Eliza's first experience on a ride was Peter Pan (my personal favorite ride). It was hot in the line, but she slept through it. The ride broke down and we were stuck in the line for an extra 20 minutes, but we were in the shade and about 10 boats away from getting on so we stayed. Cassie and Jeremy went with my mom in her boat and Eliza went with Jon and I. She loved it (as much as a newborn loves anything). She was alert and wide-eyed watching all the lights. I kept her ears covered so that the volume and sudden noises wouldn't frighten her.


When we took her on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride she wasn't so thrilled, but who can blame her. Peter Pan wins out over Mr. Toad's any day in my book. I took her to the "Mother's Station" to change her and feed her. I'd forgotten how nice and cool that nursing station is in the summer. We ended up going back there for the fireworks to get out of the noise and the huge BOOMS. Everybody else watched the fireworks just outside and had a great view with bench seats included.


We closed down the park at midnight (a rarity for the Klines) and all the kids were asleep by the time we got to the freeway.


Jeremy had a hard time waking up to go to "Teddy Bear Camp" preschool, but it sure was a fun day.

3 comments:

  1. You are such a daredevil. I did the same things with Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm so envious! :) Thank you for posting the pictures, you all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that you have entered the blogging world. I LOVE Disneyland, and I can't believe you took your little baby- I would have a hard time taking Blake now or even 6 months from now, you're a Pro!! (p.s Alice and I have a gift for you, sorry it has taken us so long to send it off-)

    ReplyDelete