Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wet and Wild Church Softball

Today started out great. Eliza slept from 5:30 until almost 9:00 in the morning. The rest of us had a very lazy beginning also. Jeremy and I got to go to my friend Natalie's son's 5th birthday party and they had a jumper there that Jeremy played in for hours. After the party we went to watch Jon umpire a softball game and then play in the game right afterwards. It was Eliza's first real public appearance and it was so much fun showing off our little pink bundle of love. Cassie and Jeremy went and played with the other kids at the little playground adjacent to the softball field. Jeremy found the fountain of water that sticks up out of the ground. Well, it had been a hot day and he was rather hot and sticky after hours of bouncing in the bounce house - he just couldn't help but play in it. Everything would have been fine if he had just run around in the water for a while, but he laid down on the concrete and let the water fall down on him as he lounged in the rather large puddle of water. By the time I saw him he was drenched from head to toe and the sun had gone down. I don't think he could have been any wetter if he had jumped into a pool and swam (not that the child can swim mind you). He became cold and began to shiver. Luckily I'd bought him some PJs to match the ones I bought for the birthday party earlier that day and we had a sweatshirt in the car. Life is never dull around Jeremy and I don't think it will ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment