Saturday, June 21, 2008

First Offical Day of Summer





Today was super hot. I think it got near 100. This whole week has been a record breaking experience for us here in Southern California. I sure wouldn't mind some of our normal "June Gloom" for a while.


Jon and his friend, Mike, were busy in the backyard putting up our new "shatter-proof glass with a break-away rim 9ft. basketball hoop." Jon signed Jeremy up for a summer basketball league. That should be fun and I'll be sure to post some video of the 4&5 year old games that he plays in. They use a 6ft rim and now Jon thinks that we should get a portable ajustable rim for Jeremy to practice with. He already has the smaller sized ball that they'll be using. I just hope that these basketball hoops get used alot.


Mike's kids came over with him and while the big boys sweat up a storm on the roof in the backyard the rest of us played on the slip 'n slide in the front yard. This year's slip n' slide has two racetracks so two kids can go at the same time. We also have a big beach ball looking thing that is actually a sprinkler. I'll have to get some photos of them playing with it. After a full afternoon of slip 'n sliding and water fun the kids ended with some popsicles. This sure was a great first day of summer.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebecca, I'm glad you joined the bloggers. I so enjoyed holding Eliza at the last camp activity. She is beautiful! Looking forward to keeping up on your family instead of just catching up at stake activities. Tiffany

    ReplyDelete