Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Beach Day

Today was a perfect beach day. Then again, is there ever really a "bad beach day"? I guess I shouldn't ask that question. Watch, I'll be blogging about the worst beach day ever in a few weeks. Eliza had never been to the beach and what an adventure. I wished I'd taken a picture of all the stuff/paraphernalia we brought. We had 2 boogie boards, a large beach bag, a large sand toy bag, a diaper bag, a beach umbrella, two beach chairs (one never made it out of the car because of a severe lack of hands on my part), a double sized towel that didn't fit into the large beach bag, a baby (but not the obnoxious car seat/carrier - it did make the baby more wiggly to carry though), two bottles of water, a can of diet Coke and I still ended up one diaper short for the ride home.

My faithful beach umbrella died the moment we set it up. I was kind of sad to throw it away - we've spent so many wonderful days together. On the other hand, now I can go and get a newer stronger one. Besides I think we'd had it for four years now. Luckily my godmother was there with her incredibly nifty shade chair that she let me borrow. Thanks Patty! I did bring and set up our baby beach tent, but we didn't use it for the baby except to change her diaper. I must say, however, that I liked it a lot and I think it's going to be great.


Eliza spent most of her time sleeping, but I did manage to get a few "first beach" shots.


Cassie was in the water the whole time. She and Zack body surfed and went out with the boogie boards. She's really enjoying her new found independence in the water.

Jeremy, on the other hand, prefers to have beautiful older blondes to hang onto while he is in the water. It must be from his dad's side (or at least from that darn "Y" chromosome)

All in all it was a good first beach day with three kids in tow. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to do it without meeting friends there, but with friends it was all possible. I guess we'll be back to our weekly beach days again - unless the kids talk me into more!

No comments:

Post a Comment