Thursday, July 31, 2008

Two Month Check-Up

Eliza went in for her two-month check-up today. I made the appointment for a day that Jon was supposed to have off, but he had to go in so I ended up taking the whole "Kline Clan" to the appointment. Jeremy kept telling Eliza "Poor Eliza . . . you're gonna get stuck with shots" I didn't think that Eliza understood what he was saying until I got home and saw this picture. If you look at her right hand you can see that she might be sending me a message about going in for shots. She liked having her siblings with her. She thought having two Jeremys was super fun - one in the mirror and one behind her.
The thought of having two Jeremys makes my head spin. Cassie did a great job keeping Jeremy busy when the nurse came in to measure and weigh Eliza.

We've got interesting news about Eliza's percentiles. She weighed 13lbs 6oz which put her in the 97% -typical for our family. Her length was 23" which is only in the 75% - we've never had anyone in such a "low" percentile. When the nurse went to measure her head I was really interested. Cassie's head was always proportionate to her body but Jeremy's head has always been way off the charts. Our little Eliza's head only measured in the 50%. I thought her head was tiny! So here Eliza was by far the biggest of the babies at birth, but she measuring smaller than the other two ever did.


Then came the shots! Cue scary music.
OUCH!!!
Four shots and an oral one (she loved the oral one and practically latched on to the syringe for more)

I tried to get a picture of her cute band aids, but she was having her own personal dance party in her crib. She's such a happy little girl!

3 comments:

  1. I hated seeing my little boy getting poked- it's so hard for a mommy to see! That pic of her flipping the camera off is hilarious!! Sounds like you guys are doing great! I think we are going to try and come out to Cali this Fall so if we do, we will have to come see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - the first photo is priceless :)

    ReplyDelete