
We felt the earth move under our feet!
I was on the phone to my friend in Houston, feeding Eliza and minding my own business when we felt the earthquake. At first I thought it was Jeremy being to rough (as it normally is) but then the windows started rattling. It seemed to last about 15-20 seconds and felt rather strong. This was the first earthquake that my kids are going to remember feeling.
All in all it was a 5.4 and centered about 30 miles away in Chino. We've has a couple of aftershocks, but nothing of note. Jon said that the office buildings in Los Angeles were swaying and my mom felt it up in Big Bear. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law felt it down in Irvine so it was felt across a good area.
I was planning on blogging about our trip up to Big Bear and Girls Camp, but I'll get to that later tonight. Just know that the Klines are fine and it appears as if everyone else in Southern California is too. I guess it wasn't the "big" one yet. Life got to go on as usual and we went to a pool party later.
glad to hear it...we are in sacramento
ReplyDelete