Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Surf School

Cassie is going to surf school this summer. The school is run by Corky Carroll who is a local surf legend around here. She loves to be out in the ocean. She's not afraid of the waves or getting knocked off the surfboard. Even when she "eats it" she gets back up and grabs her board and she heads back out. She's a kid after my own heart.


The kids practice getting up correctly on the sand before they try it on the boards




Gotta love that windblown hairdo!


They look so little compared to the boards. The instructors generally have them carry the boards out to the water in pairs.

Katharine and Cassie while waiting for their turn to go in.
It's so nice to have great friends to do fun stuff with.

Cassie up on her knees.
She hasn't gotten up on her feet yet, but I'm sure she will soon.


We feel so lucky to be living in Southern California. We're totally a beach family and love to go there all year round. I left Eliza and Jeremy with Jon and went to watch Cassie. Today there were three dolphins that were hanging out just outside the breaking waves during most of Surf School. It was incredibly relaxing watching the kids, the dolphins, the sand pipers and the waves all afternoon. I hope we never have to move away from here. I feel like I'm living in a vacation (until I go home and launder all the towels, vacuum the sand out of the car and sweep the sand off the hardwood floors). We haven't ventured taking Eliza out to the beach yet, but I know that baby will be at the beach in the next couple of weeks.




2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! Cassie, a little surfer girl. Missed you at the bay today:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i cant believe how grown up she is looking! what a brave girl. i wish i wasnt so chicken of the ocean! i would love to try surfing ;)

    ReplyDelete