Friday, October 10, 2008

Field Trips

Jeremy's kindergarten class had such a fun week. On Tuesday they went on their very first field trip to a children's entertainer in Cerritos. They got to ride a bus and they stayed at school until 1:20 (exciting for Jeremy and for me). He came home singing cute little songs that he heard at the concert. The entertainer, Hap Palmer, is very popular and our school entered into a lottery to get tickets. The funny thing was that when they found out that they got the tickets and what day they were for the teachers realized that it was the same week as the fire station field trip. Two days after going to the fun concert the cute little kindergartners got to walk over to the local fire station for a tour. Since the fire station is only about a block from our house I walked over with Eliza to take a few pictures. I'm signed up to go on the "farm" field trip at the end of the year - my Favorite field trip to go on. Jeremy was very excited to be so close to the fire truck. In the picture on the left the fire woman was showing them the oxygen tank they wear and asked if anyone had any questions. Jeremy raised his hand and when she called on him he asked, "What happens if they get all filled?", meaning "What happens if they get over filled - do they explode?" She thought he said, "What happens if they all failed?" She told me that she was very impressed with his use of language and for the amount of concern that he showed for the welfare of the fire-fighters. I didn't tell her what he really said - how often does a speech/language problem work out in your favor?



Eliza and I went home and she looked so cute that we spent some time taking photos in the side yard. I wanted to use some of the things I've learned in the photography class so please notice how I was able to blur the background a little bit. I'm pretty excited myself.

3 comments:

  1. O I love the top photo of the class, will you print one out for me please! My little livi you can totally see her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Anne. It's a very nice photo.

    ReplyDelete