Thursday, October 16, 2008

Little Pumpkin



A friend of mine had an adorable picture of her son in a pumpkin and I thought it was the cutest thing and I wanted one of my own little pumpkin. I asked my mother-in-law to knit a pumpkin hat for Eliza to wear. I bought a great big pumpkin and asked my friend Sarah if she wanted to come with me back to the pumpkin patch to take pictures of her son in the pumpkin also. She came up with the idea to do a photo shoot in her front yard instead. Sarah has one of those rare trees here in Southern California that actually has leaves that fall off in autumn. We each brought a few extra pumpkins for the set and Sarah bought some beautiful sunflowers (that she gave to me when we left - thank you Sarah) to finish it off. One of Sarah's friends came with her sweet little boys to take pictures also. Wow! Stacey not only has one of the coolest cameras - that I'm not so secretly coveting - but she is also an amazing photographer. She was wonderful enough to take all these great pictures of Eliza. Our fall scene was set . . .
to take wonderful autumnal photos of babies in a pumpkin.
Eliza really got into the "Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater" scene and chewed on the inside of the pumpkin but in between bites Stacey got some gorgeous shots.
I love how sweet and innocent she looks. While Sarah went to pre-school to pick up Ella I asked Stacey if she could get a shot of Eliza and I.
I was thinking of how few and how bad the only pictures of us together are.




She took these pictures and I couldn't be happier. Now I have photographic evidence that my children have a mother. Since I'm the only one in our family that takes pictures I'm never in them.

I picked Jeremy up from Kindergarten and Stacey snapped this one of their their joyous reunion after three hours of separation. I just love to see how much my kids love each other.

3 comments:

  1. The pictures turned out so adorable and real professional as well. Maybe Eliza will turn out to love pumpkin. Too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Thank you for sharing those! What amazing pictures! And look, the Momma exists! I always feel like it's akin to a Bigfoot sighting whenever Moms are in photos. (did it really happen or did we imagine it?) I can't believe you bought one of those huge pumpkins! How cool is that! What a bunch of lucky kids to have you for their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo cute! i really love the close-up one of u & eliza together... its a keeper ;)

    ReplyDelete