
Some friends of ours hosted a "
1980's Prom Style" party last weekend complete with an awesome live band. It was so much fun to have an occasion to dress up and go out with my cute hubby. He's been working late and on weekends lately and we haven't been able to go out on our date nights so this was just what we needed. I bought some bright
teal eyeshadow, put my hair into a
big, puffy side ponytail, added some
peach lip gloss and I was ready to go. The whole way over to the party Jon kept asking,
"Are you sure other people are going to be dressed up?" He was a little afraid of reenacting the scene from Legally
Blonde when Reese
Witherspoon showed up at a party dressed as a playboy bunny and nobody else was in costume. Luckily everybody else was dressed up even more than us.
Jon and I didn't meet until college so I'm glad we got this great Prom experience together.
How fun! What a creative night! It looks like everyone really got into it! Did you take pictures with him standing behind you in "prom pose?" Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteBarb
Yes, we did take a traditional prom pose picture, but I look soooo fat (that's with an "f" and not a "ph") that I didn't want to post it. I figure that it's my blog and I don't have to put bad pictures of me on it if I don't want to. Kind of like my philosophy with scrapbooking.
ReplyDelete