Thursday, September 11, 2008

A day to remember 9/11

Someone asked me if I remember where I was and what I was doing that September morning? I thought, "How could I forget? Will I ever be able to get those images out of my head?" The confusion, the fear, the heartache? Then the overwhelming sense of love I felt for my own family. How I held my baby daughter a little tighter, squeezed my hubby a little bit longer, smiled at strangers a little bit more, hung my flag outside with a little more gratitude, lit candles on the porch for the ones who were lost and those who were looking for them? No, I don't think I'll ever forget that day. I won't forget how time stood still and nothing has been exactly the same since then.


So today I wear

black in reverence and

my flag pin with honor and

tonight I'll light candles on my porch
for all the loved ones that were lost that we didn't know
and the one that was lost that we did.

Will I ever be able to think of that day without crying? On the other hand, do I ever want to not cry when I remember? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment