We had too many things to do that day to worry about a "proper burial" for Max.
Poor fish - we didn't really even get to know the guy.
At 8:00 am we went to a pancake breakfast for church. My ward has the best pancake, hash brown, sausage, and made to order egg set up around. The breakfast took place in a local park and it was fantastic.
Cassie had to be at her soccer game at 8:30 so we rushed over to that. Her team won and Cassie had some fantastic saves while playing goalie. Her team is looking pretty good and they are passing and setting up plays much better now. She was named the player of the game and received some nice High School Musical pencils as a prize.
Then it was over to picture day. What a mess!!! I'm the team mom for both teams and I thought that I had brought everything for the pictures that I needed. I turns out that I did not bring the official roster for the directory and that turned out to be a big deal. UGH! I had to fill one out on the spot while the girls were in line. Jeremy's team was scheduled for photos about an hour later so we stayed.
Jeremy's game went about as well as a bunch of four year olds playing soccer can go. Nobody cried about wanting to sit down so it was a good day. Jeremy did take a break while he was supposed to be playing to swing on a nearby tree branch with the coach's little girl. Then the a little girl from the other team decided that swinging on a tree branch looked better than playing soccer. It was funny to hear, "Come on guys, we need you to stay on the field." I love soccer at this age. I'll post pictures of the tree swinging as soon as one of the mom's sends them to me.
After Jeremy's soccer game we went to the pet store.
I brought in the filter with me to the store to see if really was the filter that killed the fish. It was. There is a piece missing from the bottom that prevents fish from getting sucked in. We bought a new filter and Jeremy picked out a new fish.
His name hasn't been finalized . . . Jeremy wants to name him "Black Man", but I'm not so sure about the name. Cassie wants to name him "Afro". I'm sure we can come up with a better name than those. Maybe something a little more politically correct . . . like Gus or Sam.
While talking to the pet store people I expressed my surprise at using bottled water for the fish. I said, "I hope this one likes 'Arrowhead' water". The guy then tells me that the ph balance of Arrowhead water is bad for the fish and I should use Evian water. Can you believe that? Or do I have "sucker" tatooed on my forehead?
Good Luck fishy (whatever your name is)
I hope you last longer than 2 days.
Oh BAD fish mommy!! Poor little Max.. good luck with the new one - I'm sure he'll be happy with all that Evian. And congrats to Cassie, how cool to be player of the game! I always think that being a goalie is really courageous.
ReplyDeleteI still feel incredibly bad about that poor little fish. The new fish is now named AJ and he's still alive and swimming as of this morning.
ReplyDeleteHave I mentioned that two of this spring's chickens are named "McCain" and "Obama"? Y'see, they are nearly identical, but one is darker and one is lighter....I tell the kids to call them "Mac" and "O."
ReplyDelete