Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Meet Max and Amber

All Jeremy wanted for his birthday was a pet. He really wanted a dog (so did his mom and sister), but Daddy said "No". We were able to talk him into getting a fish. Jeremy has been talking about getting his fish non-stop since his birthday. We had to wait until after our vacation - who knows what would happen to a brand new fish if left unattended for 6 days. When we got home Jon dug the aquarium out of the depths of the black hole that we lovingly refer to as the garage. I cleaned it and then we headed to the pet store to ask how to prepare water for fish. The pet store people recommended bottled water.
Bottled Water?
For a fish?
Are ya' kidding me?
I went home and used this as an opportunity to rotate some of our drinking water from food storage. I certainly wasn't going to go out and purchase a case water to store my fish in.
After school today we went back to the pet store so Jeremy could pick out his fish. He only wanted a boy fish. I showed him the tank with the fantailed goldfish and told him that all the fish in that tank were boys. Luckily the nice owner confirmed that story. She said the girl fish would be coming in later. Thank Heaven for little white lies. Jeremy pointed out a lovely plain goldfish with a little white on its tail and into a bag it went. I bought Max a lovely plant as a house warming present and we took him home.

Well, Max looked kind of lonely in that tank with the ominous skull so when Cassie got out of school we headed back to the pet store (which now had "girls only" in the fantail tank) and cute little Amber came home with us. Amber is kind of a cool looking fishy. She's all white with a gold "toupee" on. I really hope my next blog entry doesn't include a photo of the family dressed in black in the bathroom ala the Cosby show (remember Rudy's funeral for Lamont the fish?)

2 comments:

  1. Very posh fish, swimming in bottled water! (Not carbonated, I assume? Haha - I once gave my kitties carbonated water. NOT appriciated.) I love the photo of Jeremy with Max.

    ReplyDelete