Saturday, September 6, 2008

Teaching alternate uses for toilet paper

Cassie and her girlfriends from church have been dying to go toilet papering. Katharine's mom, Pamela, was brave enough to organize a night for them to go and supplied the toilet paper. The girls really wanted to toilet paper a boy that they think is really cute. Pamela (who is ever so thoughtful and considerate) called the mom of this boy to find out if it would be O.K. to TP their house. We found out that she was hosting an Open House for the pre-school that she runs out of her house that next morning. She said that normally it would be OK, but for some reason that I can't figure out she couldn't decide what would be worse
A. her clients walking through a sea of toilet paper before she tried to show off what a wonderful (and clean) school she's running
or
B. to have to get up early to clean up all the toilet paper while trying to get ready for a parade of people that didn't want to walk through a sea of white toilet paper.
We had to admit that she did had a valid reason that her house shouldn't be hit that night. Then Pamela had an brilliant idea . . . Sarah Hull was having a significant birthday the next day (she was turning 29 again) and she's a good sport and lots of fun. Luckily she agreed to let the toilet paper rolls fly in her front yard. I'm so grateful for all of my "fun" friends that provide safe ways for my daughter to have fun.





The girls (and Pamela and I) made construction paper hearts to add an element of a "heart attack" to the festivities. Jon came over to the Reese's house as soon as he got home (9:30)to take Jeremy and Eliza so I could go out with them. It has been WAY to long since I've gone toilet papering myself. That opportunity doesn't seem to come knocking like it used to in high school. We talked to them about being quiet, but at one point I heard one cute voice yell out, "Be Quiet - I can hear you all the way over here!" That was laugh out loud funny. Pamela and I were pretty certain that we weren't going to get caught so I took pictures. It is extremely difficult to take pictures with a digital camera in the dark when the screen is completely black. Luckily I got some cute ones.

1 comment:

  1. That was such a treat! Thank so much for making my birthday so special... toliet paper and all!

    ReplyDelete