
School started on Wednesday. YEAH!!! Jeremy started Kindergarten and Cassie is in 4th grade. Wow, how time flies. They were both pretty excited about the upcoming year. It's a big adjustment for both of them. Cassie has 30 kids in her class as opposed to 20 and this teacher assigns homework on a daily basis as opposed to a weekly packet that was due on Friday. That is going to change our lifestyle. We would get all the homework done on Monday and Tuesday and play on Wednesday and especially on Thursday when they had early dismissal.
Jon went into work late so he could be with us for the first day of school. We dropped by Cassie's classroom and barely got to say good luck before she ran off to join her friends. We are truly lucky that she has such wonderful friends.
Then it was on to Kindergarten. I have to admit that unlike most Kindergarten mommies I was truly excited to see him going off to kindergarten. He loves school and I'm eager to see his progression. He wants to learn to read and we're working on sounding out words. There were no tears from either one of us. He put his name tag on and played on the playground until the bell. The parents were invited into the classroom for the first few minutes and then that was it. His teacher had a cute little hand gesture/saying thing to get the parents out. It went like this
"Left" (put your left arm out) "Right" (right arm out) "Clap clap clap"
"Left, right, snap, snap, snap" (I don't think any of them can actually snap yet - which only makes it cuter)
"Left, right, make them fly" (made hands into little butterflies)
"Left, right, say Goodbye!" (they waved to us and out we went)
I looked back at Jeremy and he gave me two big thumbs up and a cute "Jeremy Pose" and then I left (to meet some girlfriends for our annual back to school breakfast party - they all have Mimosas, champagne and OJ, and I'm happy with just the OJ)
U are so good at remembering stuff! (the song they sang the first day)Can you blog for me. :)
ReplyDelete