Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Don't Rock the Boat!!!

Every year we go to Santa Cruz as a family. The past two years we've gone with Jon's mom and sister and her family and rented a house there. We always have a really good time.This year Jon's sister had a great idea . . . renting fun little skiffs from the pier down by the Boardwalk. It sounded like a good idea to us, but not to Mike who gets seasick. He was kind enough to hang out with Eliza (who also didn't want to go out on the boats) while Jon and I took the older kids out. Thank you Mike!

Here's a view we don't normally get to see of the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.
The kids each took a turn at driving.

Jeremy didn't look forward while driving. He had too much fun playing with the throttle and moving the motor from side to side. Boy was Mike glad he wasn't on our boat for that.
Grammy accused Caroline of "hot dogging" in the boat and trying to kill them. I think that Grammy was just a bit nervous (as was Evan who wanted to sit with his mommy holding him for part of the time)
After a while everyone settled down (and Caroline figured out how to drive the boat).
Evan even fell asleep.

Jon also enjoyed a little bit of "hot dogging" in our boat. We did some hair-pin turns at full speed and managed to make the kids scream a lot. I took a small video on the camera of us in the boat. I do apologize for the "jumpiness" of the video - little boats in the ocean aren't the smoothest rides around.

1 comment:

  1. I love the still pictures, but I am queasy from the video. Thanks for sharing the fun

    ReplyDelete