
The Mystery Spot Part
We went to the Mystery Spot while in Santa Cruz this year. I obviously wasn't thinking when I got dressed that morning because I found myself in cheap flip flops with the baby in the front carrier walking around the 17 degree grade of a hill. It's a wonder my clumbsy self didn't fall and roll down. The kids had fun (well Cassie did - Jeremy didn't really get it). They both got to be the helpers in the tour we were on. The tour was a lot of balls appearing to roll uphill, leaning in doorways, and people appearing to either grow or shrink relative to other people.
The Mystery Treat Part
At the end of the tour we went into the gift shop where Jeremy (as always) begged for some candy. He brought us a bag of Skittles and whined out a "PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!"
Jon and I are getting pretty hard nosed about candy and said, "No Way Jose". Then we saw this package of Chocolate Covered Insects up by the cash register. Jokingly we told Jeremy that the only candy he could eat would be Chocolate Covered Insects. To our great surprise he then started to beg for the bugs. We told him that we were just kidding and that they really were bugs covered in chocolate. He claimed not to care and wanted it anyway.Jeremy's first bite . . . We couldn't believe that he ate it!
After he downed the first bug in one bite we had him bite the next one in half to prove to him that there really was bugs inside the chocolate. We showed him the legs sticking out and I readied myself for him to start gagging.
Nope! He claimed that they were not real bugs because. . . they weren't moving.
Then he polished off the rest of the bugs! EWWWWW!!!!!! I have to kiss that little mouth.
After Jeremy finished his treat we went back into the store to buy more so we could reenact this magical moment for Jon's family back at the house. We told them the story and offered to have Jeremy show them how he can eat bugs but Jon's mom put her foot down and refused to let Jeremy eat more bugs. I guess it's good that children have grandparents that love them and look out for their well being.
That being said . . . we now have two boxes of Chocolate Covered Insects at our house if anyone is hungry.
Haha - goes to prove that anything dipped in chocolate is pretty good! :) He's a brave little guy.. or just very hungry :)
ReplyDeleteI am totally dying over that story! What a crack up! Looks like you guys had a fun trip!
ReplyDeleteI've seen that in other gift shops but we passed. I guess I know what house not to knock on during Halloween.
ReplyDeleteIt's safe to trick-or-treat here now. Jeremy brought them over to the Reese's and Griffin and Katharine (along with my kids) ate the remaining boxes. No more chocolate covered bugs sitting around here anymore.
ReplyDelete